Life is busy and trying to find time to exercise gets harder and harder, and prayer time seems to get squeezed in segments. I decided to take a dedicated hour of my day and combine my exercise and prayer time. My favorite form of exercise is walking and my favorite prayer activity is to make confessions or meditating on God’s promises for my life.
When I am referring to the "promises" I mean the things that God's word says we are heir to and that we can have. Such as healing, salvation, blessings, protection, provision, deliverance, etc. We need to give God’s word voice- our voice through our mouth gate. Open up your mouth and say what God said in his word- then angels will begin work to carry it out. Psalm 103:20
I get my handy dandy weights, my comfy clothes, sneakers, anoint myself with frankincense and peppermint and head out for a powerful prayer time with God. Prayer walking has changed my life. It will change yours too.
There are many benefits of walking and prayer, the combination of the two is packed with power. I have found that I have more strength to accomplish the time exercising; I see faster results and feel spiritually revived.
BENEFITS OF WALKING:
1. Boosts endorphins: easing stress, anger, and fatigue in 10 minutes.
2. Reduces Glaucoma risks.
3. Halves Alzheimer’s disease risk over 5 year.
4. Limits sickness.
5. Improves heart health and circulation.
6. Engages and strengthens the muscles.
7. Reduces Blood Pressure points by 5 points.
8. Limits colon cancer by 31% in women.
9. Burns more fat than jogging.
10. Build bone mass reducing osteoporosis.
Words are containers. They carry faith or fear, and they produce after their kind. Confessing God’s word brings life to our flesh and life. Proverbs 4:22. Most people hear the world and speak as the world speaks, which brings fear, unbelief, and death. It is imperative that we take time out of our day to confess/meditate on God’s word for success. Joshua 1:8
BENEFITS OF CONFESSING/MEDITATE GOD’S WORD.
1. Renews the mind. Romans 12:2
2. It stirs up our flesh to praise God. Ephesians 5: 17
3. It increases our faith as we speak out the Word. Romans 10:17
4. It disciplines our minds and shuts out the attacks of unbelief by Satan. Josh. 6:10
5. It makes us more sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. 2 Tim. 3:16-17
6. Wise words bring health and life, it is medicine. Proverbs. 16:23,24 Proverbs 4:22
7. God’s word if full of power and will not return void. Isaiah 55:11
8. Brings Success in our life. Joshua 1:8
Our confession is our faith. Speaking God's word out loud should be a normal part of our spiritual diet. Why not combine your exercise time with God, you will experience amazing results. Don’t give up be consistent and you will see results. Galatians 6:9- In due season I shall reap. I do not give up.